The Journey Inward: Why I Wrote "Mental Health Shield”

By Mays Ahmad 

https://linktr.ee/Maysahmad





A 12-year journey of expatriation, balancing the demands of a high-pressure career in a major institution, and navigating the quiet storms of long-term life abroad teaches you one fundamental truth: resilience isn’t something you’re born with; it’s something you forge.

For over a decade, I lived the daily tightrope walk between professional advancement and personal adaptation. Like many, I faced the relentless pace of modern life, the weight of constant expectations, and the subtle wear and tear it brings to the mind and heart. But from the heart of that struggle, a deep passion was born—a calling toward mental health, inner balance, and emotional survival.

That realization became the seed for my upcoming book, "Mental Health Shield."

What to Expect Here on the Blog

This blog space will be an extension of that journey. Here, I’ll be sharing reflections, lessons, and raw insights on:

 The Psychology of Resilience: How to adapt when life pushes you past your limits.

 Protecting Your Peace: Practical ways to build boundaries against modern burnout.

 The Inner Work: Stories and experiences from my own path of expatriation and self-discovery.

If you’ve ever felt overwhelmed by the speed of the world, or if you are searching for a way to protect your mental well-being while chasing your goals, you are in the right place.

Welcome to the journey. Let’s build our shield together.


Comments